Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 61 mal aufgerufen
 Restaurants
jokergreen0220 Offline

13.06.2018 07:48
and leads Sabres blue liner Antworten

DUNEDIN, Florida - Kevin Pillar and Ryan Goins made their respective major league debuts nine days apart last August and with just days until spring training play gets underway, the two late-season Toronto Blue Jays call ups find themselves in different situations vis-à-vis the 2014 squad. Toby Alderweireld Jersey . Goins is the early favourite to win the starting job at second base. Pillar is an outsider to secure a role off the bench, which becomes an even more difficult spot to win if the number of back up jobs is reduced by one. That happens if the Blue Jays decide to start the season with an eight man bullpen. Praised last week by general manager Alex Anthopoulos as the best defensive second baseman the club has had since Orlando Hudson and as "gold glove caliber," Goins hopes an offensive adjustment he made in mid-September helps to round out his game. Goins moved his hands down in his batting stance. Then, during an offseason visit to new hitting coach Kevin Seitzer in Kansas City, Goins went one step further, starting his hands closer to his body. "I have more time to see the ball," he said. "My timing is a little different than having so much movement, having to get going so much earlier, so now its a little better to see the ball and hopefully it will lead to better plate discipline, hitting the ball harder and more consistent." A safe bet to be the nine-hole hitter if he makes the team, Goins is eager to improve upon the .609 OPS he posted in 121 plate appearances over 34 games with the Blue Jays last season. His .679 OPS in 111 Triple-A games last season feeds into the all defense-not much offense narrative but Anthopoulos is more concerned with run prevention this season after watching his infield struggle with injuries and range last year. "He needs to be able to hold is own (offensively,)" said manager John Gibbons. Seitzer, during his first scrum with the Toronto media in January, said he saw Goins as a potential .275-.280 hitter. Their Kansas City rendezvous had already happened so Seitzer was speaking as someone whod watched Goins up close. "I see myself as a hitter," said Goins. "I think I can put together productive at-bats for a season and help the team win. Whatever they need me to do. If its situational hitting, hit and runs, bunting guys over. Whatever is called upon me, wherever Im hitting in the lineup, is what Im going to go out there and do everyday." Pillar, who made his debut on August 14 and went 0-17 before getting his first big league hit at Yankee Stadium, struggled to a .206/.250/.333 line over 110 plate appearances. He got away from his strength as an offensive player, an up-the-middle approach, becoming pull happy and unable to lay off down-and-away breaking pitches. Not one to mope, Pillar went home to Southern California and went to work. "I went home, took about two weeks off in the offseason and Ive been hitting three to four hours everyday just trying to get back," said Pillar. "People say, Why dont you just go back to what you did? Once its gone its gone. Like a lot of things in life, once you forget how to do it or how you felt in the box youve got to recreate that feeling." Pillar insists he isnt exaggerating his three-to-four hours a day hitting routine. His only break wasnt a break. He went to play winter ball in the Dominican Republic and had 66 at-bats, his attempt to get back in his groove. Lawrie thrilled for Team Canada Brett Lawrie, the lone Blue Jay whos Canadian born and raised, was happy to lord Canadas Olympic hockey gold medals over his teammates. After all, Lawrie is badly outnumbered in the clubhouse. "When youre the underdog youve got to keep quiet because theres too many of them," said Lawrie. "I just waited for my turn and then obviously I got my opportunities." Lawrie did his best to keep an eye on Sundays win, working around media responsibilities and warm up Sunday morning at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. Kawasaki follow up One day after predicting Canada would beat Sweden 2-1 in the mens hockey gold medal game, Munenori Kawasaki was pleased with himself. "I say Canada win," Kawasaki said. When reminded he didnt pick the correct score, Kawasaki issued a pseudo apology: "My bad. Im no good." Kawasaki didnt watch the game. Michy Batshuayi Jersey . "It was a little weird looking over and seeing all the green uniforms," he said of his first game against the Boston Celtics. Simon Mignolet Jersey . -- Albert Pujols is thrilled to have a reason to forget about his first two disappointing seasons with the Los Angeles Angels. http://www.soccerbelgiumfansshop.com/Blank-UEFA-European-Belgium-Jersey/ . Hes had three top-10 results this season and feels ready to put it all together and finally hoist a trophy at the top level.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Given the number of Buffalo Sabres players being mentioned in trade talks, interim coach Ted Nolan has established a running joke with captain Steve Ott. "You dont want to make light of it, but every day when I walk in, I say, Steve, youre still here," Nolan said, with a chuckle after the teams pre-game skate Friday. The question remains, for how long? And the buzz leading up to the NHLs trade deadline Wednesday hasnt been limited to Ott, who is in the final year of his contract and eligible to become a free agent this summer. Goalie Ryan Miller, forward Matt Moulson and veteran defenceman Henrik Tallinder are also being shopped because their contracts are coming up, too. And add defenceman Christian Ehrhoff to the group after confirming he recently complied with the Sabres request to submit a list of eight teams that would make up the no-trade clause of his contract. Though the submission of the list doesnt guarantee Ehrhoff will be dealt, it suggests the 10-year veteran has been the subject of trade conversations. Ehrhoff was not caught by surprise. "No, not really because obviously, we are in 30th place and they have to be prepared," said Ehrhoff, who declined to reveal what teams were on his list. "Its just part of the business. Ill keep focusing on hockey." The Sabres (17-34-8), who host San Jose on Friday, are bracing for a shakeup under newly hired general manager Tim Murray, who continues to drop major hints that hes eager to make big splashes in a bid to rebuild the NHLs worst team through youth. On Tuesday, Murray confirmed hes shopping Miller, adding hes fielded calls from more than two but fewer than 10 teams. On Friday, during an interview with Torontos FAN 590, Murray narrowed the number of teams interested in Miller to about five, while adding that much of his entire roster is available. "Theres no untouchables," said Murray, who took over in early January. "Its a rebuild." The Sabres are in the midst of an overhaul that began under Murrays predecessor, Darcy Reegier, who was fired in November. Youri Tielemans Belgium Jersey. Buffalo will likely miss the playoffs for a third straight season and hasnt won a playoff round since 2007, when the team reached the Eastern Conference finals before losing to Ottawa. The roster purge began last season, when the Sabres traded numerous high-priced veterans, including captain Jason Pominville. And it continued into October, when Thomas Vanek was traded to the New York Islanders for Moulson and a first-round draft pick. The Sabres, as a result, have stockpiled draft picks. They could have as many as two first-round and three second-round selections in this years draft. Buffalo also has a solid group of prospects in its farm system, including defencemen Rasmus Ristolainen and Nikita Zadorov, who were both drafted in the first round in June. Murrays objective is to add more draft picks or young prospects. Ehrhoff has value because hes a dependable two-way defenceman who leads the team averaging 24:02 of ice time per game, and leads Sabres blue liners with 28 points (six goals, 22 assists). Hes in his third season with Buffalo after signing a 10-year, $40 million contract on June 30, 2011. Miller, who is set to start against San Jose, has already spent much of this week reminiscing about his 11 seasons in Buffalo, and making sure to thank fans for their support. "Its a great place to play hockey. You feel part of something. You feel appreciated," said Miller, who holds franchise records with 284 wins and 540 games played. "With the uncertainty, you dont want to miss an opportunity to say, Thank you." Miller recalled with a laugh the time a fan approached him at a local grocery store to provide pointers on how to hold his stick. And then there were the times when "sweet old ladies" would come up and hug him and suggest he needs to eat more. "I always got a kick out of the people who wanted to get me more to eat because they thought I was a little thin," said Miller, who is 6-foot-2 and 168 pounds. "Its good that people care." Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Gear Jerseys From China Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum | Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz